A Fiber Technician is someone who plays a prominent role in the Telecommunication industry. The professional installs and maintains Fiber Optic Cables as and when required. They provide technical assistance in designing and testing the fiber optics. The technician sets up the electrical and electronic testing to pave the way for the development of new applications. They also look into existing laser and optical fiber devices and systems.
The Fiber Technician’s job involves various tasks from a large to multi-story office buildings to small housing buildings. The primary functions of the Fiber Technician include:
• Resolve, repair and install fiber optics systems and ensure that they work properly
• Examine and replace faulty and old fiber optic cables and also organize scheduled maintenance routines
• Take care of fiber splicing and rectify fiber optic problem areas
• Develop sensor indicators and conduct timely inspections to make sure that faulty fiber optic system does not destabilize its performance
• Execute premises cabling and take care of the underground and underwater cabling requirements
• Keep track of the signal strength of different devices such as television, telephone to provide adequate performance
• Formulate and maintain system records and system designs
Field Engineer, An On-Demand Jobs Marketplace
The world's largest global online marketplace has countless opportunities for freelance Fiber Technician. When you sign up with Field Engineers, you automatically can connect with businesses looking for skilled and talented professionals. The portal connects more than 40,000 freelance field engineers and can help you find the position you want.